It doesn’t matter if you’re overweight, underweight or the ideal weight for your height. The lifestyles that we follow, the polluted environment and the contaminated foods we eat are all affecting our health in some way or the other. In today’s age, it is almost necessary for us to take a break from our regular eating habits and do a cleansing to eliminate all the toxins, and reboot the body’s vital organs.
If you’re new to the idea of a detox but find that your body is unusually stressed, tired and lethargic, maybe it’s time you give it a shot. We have listed down a simple detox plan that beginners can try.
- Start your mornings with a glass of warm water, honey and lime: It helps to flush out the toxins, cleans your food pipe and prepares your digestive system for the next cycle for the day. You could also have green tea, lemon tea or herbal tea; all of which perform the same function and aid in making the cleansing process faster and better. You can be better prepared for your detox diet by reading http://www.chartered-health.com/things-to-know-before-you-start-a-detox-diet/.The article will give a fair idea about how to start a detoxing program.
- Incorporate an exercise routine to your mornings: Different body types are comfortable with different exercise routines. Whether it is doing skipping for 30 mins, brisk walking or simply doing yoga, getting your body moving in the first half of the day has a great effect in flushing out harmful toxins that have collected in your body.
- Add fresh vegetable juice to your daily breakfast: Beetroot, carrots, coriander, celery are all filled with nutrients and fibers that play a vital role in the digestion process. Adding a glass of fresh vegetable juice to your daily breakfast routine will give you a fresh boost of energy to see you through the rest of the day, and doing it for a long period of time will cleanse your system for the long run.
- Stick to simple, wholesome foods for lunch: You can have simple, boiled foods with fewer spices and cooking to keep oil intake to the minimum while ensuring your body absorbs the maximum the nutrients from the foods you eat. Also, ensure you have a small portion of rice or lentils to provide the energy for the rest of the day. It’s best to keep your portions small and light, that are easy to digest.
- Snack on healthy foods to keep your hunger at bay: It is natural to get hungry around 4 or 5 pm. Snacking on unhealthy biscuits, chips and snacks end up adding unhealthy sugars and fats that get stored in your body. A detox from these unhealthy foods and shifting to more healthy options like oats, fresh fruits, a handful of nuts and seeds will keep your hunger at bay.
- Keep your dinner light: Having an early dinner is one of the first steps you should follow if you want to detox. The next important thing is to have a light meal that digests quickly. You could have soups or salads, filled with the nutrients of various vegetables and proteins in small portions. Mix it up on a daily basis, from going for fibrous veggies one day to fresh herbs and lentils on the other. This way, you can pack in the benefits of all the good stuff without overdoing any.
- Keep your diet colorful: As long as your daily intake is colorful, you can be assured that you’re getting the right supplements through your diet. From breakfast to lunch and dinner, try and add foods that are of different colors. This is one simple indicator of whether you’re having the right food or not.
- Don’t focus only on the food: While cleaning your diet and eating healthy foods is one big step to detoxing your system, you should also keep a tab on your overall lifestyle. Only then can you really enjoy the benefits of a healthy body with organs that are performing to their 100% capacity. So identify other issues and lifestyle habits that you could cut out of your system, and work towards improving these other areas of your lifestyle.
Following these simple suggestions is the beginning to a good detox for beginners. However, while researching detox diets on the internet, you may come across several strict diets that require you to compromise heavily on your favorite foods and comfortable routines. You should know that every diet responds differently to different body types. So find one that allows you to bring in the right balance of health while maintaining a comfortable routine that you can follow.
Image source: pixabay