I will be posting Food and Kitchen Tips every now and then. A category about pointers,suggestions, how to’s, health benefit, facts and a lot more most valuable information on Food, Cooking and Kitchen Tips.
To start with here is my Food and Kitchen Tip #1 Why an egg a day is really Ok!
- Healthy Pregnancy: Egg yolks are excellent source of choline, an essential nutrient that contributes to fetal brain development and helps prevent birth defects
- Weight Management: The high quality protein in eggs helps you to feel full longer and stay energized, which contributes to maintaining a healthy weight
- Muscle strength and muscle lost prevention: Research indicates that egg proteins may help active adults build muscle strength and help prevent muscle lost in middle-aged and aging adults.
- Brain Function:Choline also aids the brain function of adults by maintaining the structure of brain cell membranes, and is a key component of the neuro-transmitter that helps relay messages from the brain through nerves to the muscles.
- Eye health: Lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants found in egg yolks, help prevent macular degeneration, a leading cause of age-related blindness. Research shows lutein from eggs may be more bioavailable than lutein from other sources.
An egg is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin B1,2,6,12, Vitamin D, Choline, Folacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus.
“A substantial body of scientific research shows that dietary cholesterol has only a small effect on blood cholesterol and that the consumption of eggs – up to an intake of one egg per day – has no detectable effect on heart disease risk in healthy people” – American Council on Science and Health, 2002
Source: The Philippine Egg Board, EGGVOCACY by The National Federation of Egg Producers of the Philippines